Not much going on lately, added a few new pieces to the gallery and shop. Still got a few more cameo charms to add but I rather foolishly ran out of daylight to photograph them so now I have to wait for my next day off to get some quality images.
I am over the moon with this photo. I love the compistion, barely any edits to it at all. Lightened the tone ever so slightly and sharpened the image when I re sized it for the shop other than that no extra post editing.
And the set up was so simple, Just layed out a few white sheets, positioned the necklace and then mixed up the setting (yes it was shot on manual) and shot away!. If you really want to compare some of the other shots I’ve taken over the past few months pop to the gallery and see how this one compares.
I nearly forgot, I’ve been playing with a facebook page for Maladjusted Designs. Its not published yet but I had fun making the banner. Although now I want to redesign the shop banner in the same style…. Maybe. Not sure what to put up there really, Easy enough to just post items but I was trying to think of a little bit more to add thats relevant.
So a couple pieces that I pulled from a cast on the last resin session, they were posted as I had to paint some detail into them but here are the finished pieces. Well the detail is finished I still have to add earring backs to them. These are going to make the cutest studs. Going to have to make a few more of these for myself.
And yes that is a pink K9 in the top of the angel photos. He not painted yet so stay tuned for update about him.
Arent they lovely. Just pulled these pieces out and again not too bad. The rounded ones aren’t perfect but for a first try with colour blending they are pretty darn good. The red and gold rounded one is probably least favorite. The colour is a little dull, it’ll work great as a background but not as a center piece.
You’ll notice the butterfly and skull piece are where I’ve tried to blend the colours, the butterfly one worked great. The skull one is a bit subtle, I think I need to use colours that aren’t so similar, more green next time I think.
The hearts I am in love with, no pun intended. I adore the bleed through effect on the beads, means no two heart are the same. I used the same beads on two of the hearts with a different colour background and it really changes the final look of the piece.
Now to sand them down and make a cord for them. What do you think, ball and chain or fabirc cord in matching colours?
Just pulled these pretties out of their molds! I am so unbelievably chuffed (that English slang for pleased) with how these turned out! Took twice as long to do and they still aren’t finished off but they look brilliant. But you know don’t let me blow my own trumpet.
Now I need to find a setting that will fit them.
Looking back at some of my posts they all used to be very digital graphic orientated but lately I’ve playing more with the practical side of things. I still do a fair bit of editing but it all tends to be photo enhancing of products… So in a minor effort to change this I’ve made this…
Made for a friend, who wanted a mini leaflet for his massage business. Have to say not bad for my first attempt at ‘pop art’ art. Found the lines especially challenging as the whole thing is made with lines. Then shading, I couldn’t get to look right with solid cartoon shades so I turned to my trusty blur tool and painted really roughly lines then blurred them, worked fabulously.
Then after I finished this I went straight back to resin. Here’s a quick pic of my workspace
Just to the right of the photo there is a three inch cubed space that I work. I joke (sorta), this is more of an assembly of the things I was going to resin minus the molds. In the end, I used half of what was pictured. The bottle caps were left, the sticker are being reserved for next time and the tray at the top is full of beads that have been taken from old broken jewellery that I did actually use.
That’s the pieces in the molds setting and drying. Not yet solid enough to be popped out yet but stay tuned for pops out tomorrow (Or knowing me next week…)! Im so excited about the green mold at the top, first time using it and I attempted to use a varity of colours that I had to wait to set before adding more colour to. Oooh I cant wait to see what they come out like!