Bulbasaur Progress

I’m trying to put together a gijinka of bulbasaur, basically meaning a human version of the pokemon from the orginal 150. Below is the bulb I’ve made so far.
IMG_7018.JPG
So this is my progress on the bulbasaur bulb for the end of the month. Its going, still not sure if its going well. Its all in one piece and sealed up with padding and backpack straps, which I forgot to add when I was doing the seams so Ive have to attach them to the outside of the bulb. The shape is there when I’m not wearing it but not once Ive put the backpack on, so more modifying needs to happen. I’m thinking if I sew the edges of the bulb over each other then it’ll look more like layers and create a rounded shape more like bulbasaurs.
Ive also go the dress to paint yet spots/marks on and the ears to make but they should take too long once the bulb is sorted. I was going to use the same fabric as the bulb to create the bulbasaur markings on the dress but I ran out of fabric so I figured hey why not just paint them on, and if this costume goes completely pear shaped I have made an awesome bulbasaur bulb cushion that is really soft! More progress later when I’ve actually made more of it!

Comments


Amal Coad
11-10-2015

Frankly I think it looks brill!


<<
>>
Glitter Web Directory